ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to our Director of Learning and Influence this role plays an important part in supporting SIB’s new strategy and focus. We are looking for someone who:
- Can create compelling communications showcasing our programmes and funds.
- • Support us in shaping SIB’s external messaging on the role of social investment in developing the social economy.
- Can produce accessible and well-written marketing materials for our programmes and funds.
- Is a strong and effective communicator using a variety of digital media.
- Can support formal and informal engagement with SIB’s customers and the internal team.
- Is an enthusiastic self-starter with a commitment to open and transparent communication with a wide range of stakeholders.
1. Working with the Director of Learning and Influence to shape the Marketing and Communications strategy, including developing and managing campaigns, messages and stakeholder relations.
2. Developing and implementing Marketing and Communications plans for specific funds, working with our delivery partners and sub-contractors, as appropriate.
3. Working with the Director of Learning and Influence to develop and implement a digital strategy including email marketing, website, social media, search marketing (SEO), pay per click advertising as well as content management.
4. Supporting the Director of Enterprise and Development in delivering new business strategies by providing market analysis and data, publicity plans, key messages and event support as necessary.
5. Building relations with marketing and communications contacts in partner, investee and other stakeholder organisations.
6. Writing, editing and producing of a wide range of content and publications as required including newsletters, brochures and reports, case studies, blogs, articles, website content, e-newsletter content.
7. Liaising with external networks – third sector and national press, press agencies, other communications managers – to increase the reach of SIB’s work and to disseminate it widely. Staying on top of sector press and news stories and flagging appropriate opportunities for SIB to exercise influence and develop an authoritative voice on matters related to social investment, grant deployment and the development of the social economy.
8. To work within the organisation’s processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
9. Contribute to the knowledge management and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
10.In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks that support The Social Investment Business’ objectives as required
Please send a supporting statement and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your own skills, experience and qualities and matching them to our key responsibilities, core competencies and values.
Your application should also include a completed equality and diversity
monitoring form which can be downloaded from the website.
Social Investment Business Ltd strives to be an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minority groups and from people with disabilities.
• Experience of creating impactful marketing materials and campaigns utilising multiple channels and platforms.
• Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Experience of qualitative research, including conducting interviews,
developing case studies and drawing insights from talking to customers and key informants.
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write accurate,
engaging and crisp copy for a range of different channels.
• Technical knowledge of website management and working with a range of different CMS such as Typo3, Drupal and WordPress.
• Good organisational, planning, and project management skills and the
ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
• Commitment to equalities and customer care.
• Good knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, local and central
government and the statutory sector as a whole.
15 February 2019
ABOUT SOCIAL INVESTMENT BUSINESS
Social Investment Business provides loans, grants and strategic support to charities and social enterprises to help them improve people’s lives.
We have helped hundreds of organisations become more resilient and sustainable so that they can grow and increase their impact. We were one of the UK’s first social investors and since 2002 have provided over £400 million of loans and grants to charities and social enterprises.
Social Investment Business is a values-led organisation and as such we expect all colleagues to live by the values which underpin what we do and how we do it.
Our values are:
• Put People First
• Be Curious
• Be Bold
• Be Collaborative
• Be Accountable