– APPLICATION CLOSED –
The Global Health Corps (GHC) is a leadership development organization devoted to recruiting and training the next generation of leaders in global health equity.
The Corps recruits and selects highly qualified applicants with diverse skill sets to work with high-impact organizations in year-long paid positions. During their fellowship year, fellows make a significant and measurable contribution to the placement organization and the target population.
GHC supports and challenges fellows throughout their fellowship. The training curriculum integrates leadership and professional development with self-reflection and personal learning. The fellowship focuses on building skills that are essential for effective and ethical leadership, such as human-centered design thinking, storytelling, systems thinking and strategic planning for social change. Attitudes like empathy, resilience and cultural humility are fostered. Importantly, fellows are engaged as collaborative partners in designing and facilitating the training program.
Fellows work in teams of two at each placement organization – one national fellow and one international fellow. Fellows and alumni represent 40+ nationalities and have diverse backgrounds, experiences, skill-sets, and passions. They are architects, designers, web developers, business analysts, teachers, communications specialists, supply chain managers, and more.
- Yearlong paid placements (June 25, 2016 – July 9, 2017) within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, fellows are engaged in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellows receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
- 30 years or younger by June 25, 2017
- Hold a bachelor or undergraduate university degree by Jun 25, 2017
- Be proficient in English
- December 7, 2016: Part 2 of the application opens
- January 18, 2017: Application close at 11:59pm
- March – April 2017: All semi-finalists are interviewed by Global Health Corps
- April 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status
- April – May 2017: 3 to 5 finalists per position are interviewed by partner organizations
- May – June 2017: Fellowship offers are extended on a rolling basis
- June 1, 2017: All applicants are notified by email of their application status on a rolling basis
- June 25 – July 9, 2017: 2017-2018 GHC fellows attend Training Institute at Yale University
Apply to be a Fellow HERE