– APPLICATION CLOSED –
The Next Einstein Forum is a global platform that connects science, society and policy in Africa and the rest of the world – with the goal to leverage science for human development globally.
The NEF Fellows programme consists of Africa’s most brilliant young scientists that the NEW showcases on the global stage, The NEF Fellows programme provides the Fellows with an opportunity to present their research and draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for supports, connections and advice to advance their work.
The NEF Fellows programme is open to Africans from around the world, including those in the diaspora, in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology.
- Attend the prestigious NEF Global Gathering 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda alongside Noble Prize winners, experiences and emerging scientists, Heads of State and representatives from leading global corporations and civil society organisations.
- Research and innovations will be showcased as an example of the potential of young, exceptional scientific talents in Africa.
- Collaborate with, receive mentoring from and partner with leading scientists, policy -makers, industry representatives and civil society leaders, as well as other exceptional young African scientists.
- Contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa.
- 42 years of age or less (as of 31st December 2017)
- Hold a passport from a African country
- Hold a PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or ina field of the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Have a demonstrated track record of research/findings that have global impact
- Are passionate about raising Africa’s profile in the life of natural sciences, engineering, the social sciences or the humanities
- Able to clearly present work to an audience in English or French
Applications close – 27 January 2017
Pre-selections – February 2017
Final selection – March 2017
Deadline – 27th January 2017
Visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE for further information and to apply
Application and programme participation are free