– APPLICATIONS CLOSED –
Image credit: Sandoz
Despite all the advances in modern medicine, universal access to healthcare is still arguably the single largest unmet medical need. Sandoz are calling all creative thinkers to ‘hack healthcare access’ and enter Sandoz HACk, submitting ideas that use mobile technology (M-Health) to connect people to better health. It could be in your community or anywhere where you think that your idea could make a difference. Mobile technology is radically altering how care is delivered and received worldwide and the influence of mobile in healthcare is likely to continue evolving in the future.
Following a robust judging process, finalists will refine their idea with support from the OpenIDEO(link is external) global community, and then be invited to London in March 2017 to present the idea to a panel at WIRED Health, a global event that brings together the brightest and best in healthcare innovation. Seed funding and mentorship will be provided to three winners to make their idea a reality.
- The six strongest entries will be published on OpenIDEO – a global community working together to design solutions for the world’s biggest challenges.
- Ideas will be evolved and presented at WIRED Health 2017, a global conference that explores the future of healthcare with some of the world’s best health innovators, where they will present their final idea to a panel of expert judges.
- Three winners will be announced and awarded seed funding and mentorship to help bring their idea to life.
Prize and Benefits
Three winners will win €20k to help bring their idea to life and also receive ongoing mentoring from the Sandoz team to support realizing the winners ideas.
Be part of a Community
As one of six shortlisted finalists your idea will be published on Open IDEO, opening it up to game changing input from a community of leading organizations and individuals who drive collaboration, innovation and impact around the world’s toughest problems. They will help you to build, develop and refine your idea so it’s ready for the next stage of the competition.
Sandoz will also give access to a group of expert mentors in the fields of marketing, communications, project management, finance and business to help you consolidate the input generated through OpenIDEO to refine your idea. Help will also be given to develop your Dragon’s Den style pitch presentation to be in with a chance of being a winner.
Invitation to WIRED Health 2017 in London
You will then be invited to WIRED Health 2017 in London to pitch your ideas to an industry leading expert panel to be in with a chance of winning. WIRED Health is a one day showcase for extraordinary innovators using technology to re-imagine the health sector. The event attracts an audience of around 300 physicians, senior healthcare executives, innovators and investors who have an interest in exploring the evolution and future of the healthcare sector.
Entrants must be:
- Able to enter the competition via the Sandoz Facebook Page (video or written entry)
- Committed to seeing your idea through to the final stages (if selected as a finalist)
- Able and available to travel to London in March 2017 (all expenses paid)
- Able to enter the competition in English
30th November 2016
For further information and to apply for the challenge, visit HERE
Sandoz, a Novartis Division, is a global leader in generic and biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.