– Applications Closed –
The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
Who can apply?
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
Basic application criteria:
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Greece, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Somalia, South Sudan, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vanuatu, Vietnam
19th July 2016
Exams will take place on the 14th of December 2016. The exams subjects tested this year will be:
- Economic Affairs (including Sustainable Development): apply online between 19th of May and 19th of July
- Information and Telecommunication Technology: apply online between 19th of May and 19th of July
For further information and to apply for the programme click HERE